Few months ago, every time I wanted to make this meal I always choose the easy way.. the almighty awesome store pack Chili Con Carne instant powder. It’s easy, it’s delicious, what else can a girl ask for, right? But that was then.. this time my friends.. this time I managed to make it from scratch… with my very own recipe, now how cool is that? *muhaha*
- 600 gr minced meat
- 1 onion – diced
- 1 can of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 3-4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon paprika powder
- 3-4 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cube of beef bouillon
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Saute the onions until it soft and the color turns transparent.
- Cook the meat together with the onions until the color of the meat turns darker.
- Pour in the baked beans in tomato sauce + kidney beans + crushed tomatoes.
- Season it with cayenne pepper + paprika powder + chili powder + salt + pepper (if needed, you can always add the seasoning).
- Add the beef bouillon cube.
- Bring it to boil.
- Served with rice or potato. Add some cheese if you like.
And there you have it… Bebe’s version of Chili Con Carne… ^___^