Ever since the success of my first attempt at baking the red velvet cupcakes, I’m a bit curious with other kinds of cupcakes. I just couldn’t stop and want to make more and more and more. Of course I don’t want to try the same recipe over and over. I need to find something new.. something that’s not sweet and most importantly… something easy..
After a while browsing around a lot of recipes, I found this recipe at an application called Masak Apa. It’s an Indonesian based apps where we can find a lot different recipes, from Indonesian traditional food until international desserts.
The dish itself called Parmesan Cupcakes. I have never try a savory cupcakes… It’s always been chocolate cupcakes or something similar. So when I decided to try this recipe, I didn’t even know what to expect. I could only hope that it would taste good. And you know what? It’s actually not so bad…
- 50 grams smoked beef – cut to small pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Mix these ingredients together:
- 300 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 50 grams Parmesan
- Saute the smoked beef for a couple of minutes. Set aside.
- Mix milk, olive oil, mustard and egg.
- Whisk in the milk mixture into the flour until it’s well blended.
- Add the smoked beef and scoop the batter into the cupcakes paper cups. Sprinkled it with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven with heat around 180°C.
- Best serve while it’s warm.
Serving ± 12 portions
I must say that’s I’m surprised on how it turn out. The texture was light on the inside part even though a little bit hard on the outside (my guess is that’s the effect of the cheddar cheese). It has the savory taste without any usage of extra seasoning. The bad thing about this cupcakes is that you need to eat it right away, because otherwise the upper part can turn a bit hard. I’ve tried heat it up in the microwave for 1 minutes or so. It became eatable, but it tasted slightly drier.
In the end, I quite like it. It’s not something I will make too often though.