I love seafood.. I love raw salmon on sushi or sashimi. But for some bizarre reason, I can’t eat salmon that’s been cooked thoroughly. It tasted weird and simply not good.. for my taste. On the other hand, my husband love love love salmon… So he ask me a lot on making a dish with salmon for dinner. Specially when we just bought few packs of frozen salmon on sale.
After trying few recipes here and there, I finally found one that I actually like.. It’s easy to make, the ingredients are easy to find and usually always available at home. The dish instantly become one of Mr. B’s favorite menu also. The original recipe is written in Indonesian, you can check it here.
- 4 slices of salmon – @150 gram
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil
For the sauce :
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 20 g onion, finely chopped
- 2 table spoon mayonnaise
- 1 tea spoon mustard paste
- 1/2 tea spoon tomato paste
- 1 table spoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tea spoon black pepper
- 1 tea spoon salt
For the topping :
- 1 red tomato, chopped
- 1 table spoon chopped celery
- 1/2 table spoon lemon juice
- Marinate the salmon with the sauce mixture for 30 minutes.
- Brush the baking dish with vegetable oil, then place the marinated fish.
- Heat up the oven to 180°C and bake the salmon for 20 minutes.
- When it’s done, you can serve it with the potato of your choice and don’t forget to put the topping.
* * * *
I usually double the measurement for the sauce because personally I think that the amount of sauce in the original recipe is not enough for us.