I found this simple snack recipe from a blog post of a friend of mine in Australia. She got it from her friend while she’s studying in USA few years ago. Since it looks super easy and simpe enough for me, I decided to give it a try…
- Spring roll skin (I bought it at asian store here in Sweden).
- 250 gr cream cheese (if it’s frozen, then let it be out in room temperture for a while).
- 240 gr crab meat.
- 1 scallion – cut it thin.
- Mix the cream cheese, crab meat and scallion cuts.
- Take one spring roll skin, place a scoop of filling on the skin and seal it like when you make dumplings. To make it easier for the spring roll skin to keep it shape, brush the edges of the skin with water before you put it all together.
- Fry it in hot oil until the skin turn crispy and golden. You can also bake it in the oven at 200°C for around 10 minutes until the top part become golden. The choice is yours.
- Serve it with a sweet and sour sauce.
And there you have it.. a simple recipe for a delicious snack…
* * * *
I personally always bake it because everytime I try to fry it, the skin always got cut open and the filling just started to got all crazy… Oils were flying, me running the hell out the kitchen.. and everything got burned X_X.. It was not a pleasant experience.