I don’t make snacks too often. It’s not that I’m that busy at home or school.. I’m just simply lazy..😛 So, when I decided to make one, I always look out for easy and simple recipe.
There are alot of types of spring rolls out there. You can fill it with rice noodle, beef, chicken, or vegetables.. The choices are endless.. But since I love shrimp, I chose this recipe instead.
The thing that I love about this recipe is that they used sesame oil inside the filling and it gives a really unique smell to the dish. Also it makes the shrimp taste sooo much better.
- Ready-made spring rolls skin.
- vegetable oil to fry the spring rolls.
- 300 gr peeled shrimps – I usually use cooked tiger shrimps
- 2 table spoon cornstarch
- 1 table spoon sesame oil
- 1 tea spoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Chopped the shrimps roughly.
- Mix it with the rest of the ingredients well.
- Arrange the spring roll skin with the edges pointing like a compass.
- Put 1 table spoon of the filling on the spring roll skin. Spread it in the middle part near the down edge.
- Fold the south edge up, then both left and right sides and roll it up until it make a shape like an envelope. To glue the skin together, I usually just use regular water.
- Fry the spring rolls until it turns crispy and the color is nicely golden.
- Serve it with a mayonnaise or a sweet and sour sauce.
* * * *
On the original recipe which I found here, they show you how to make your own mayo also if you want to try to make it yourself. But since I’m not that ambitious, I skipped that part and used regular mayonnaise from the store.