I’m not really a fan of vegetables. I don’t know why, but I’m really picky when it comes to those green and healthy stuff. But I do have one veggie that I like a lot though. That lucky one is spinach. I can eat it without any problem ever since I was a kid. Other vegetables? Hmmm.. not so much.
Then one time, I tried to made a homemade ravioli with spinach and ricotta filling. Got all excited when I bought the ingredients and when I learned that it have a lot of steps on making it… That was when I got into my lazy mode. So, I switched my plan and i found this simple yet great recipe. The original recipe actually using peas instead of spinach, so I had to adjust some of the ingredients a little bit.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 250 gram Ricotta
- 200 gram shrimp, shelled
- 200 gram fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded, cheddar cheese
- 200 gram spaghetti
- Saute garlic in hot butter for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden.
- Whisk in milk and Ricotta until smooth. Add shrimp, spinach, salt, and nutmeg.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cheese.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water following package directions. Drain and rinse quickly in hot water. Transfer to large bowl.
- Top pasta with hot sauce. Toss well to coat. Sprinkled chili flakes if you like it more spicy.
- Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.