It’s been almost 2 years since I moved to Sweden and still I have no clue about Swedish food. I know that Swedish people love sill, köttbullar, oh also julskinka, and that’s all that I know. Until one day my mother-in-law made a dish called Korv Stroganoff and I fell in love instantly. It’s flavorful and most importantly it’s easy to make.
- 500 g sausages – diced.
- 1 onion diced
- 400 g crushed tomato
- 100 ml heavy cream or crème fraiche
- 2-3 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of mustard paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Saute the onion with a little oil until the color changed transparent, add the sausage.
- Add the tomato, crème fraiche or cream, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook until it’s boiled and let it be for 5 minutes.
- Served with macaroni or rice. (I personally think that it taste better with macaroni than rice though)
* * * *
The difference that I noticed on using between heavy cream or crème fraiche is in the consistency of the sauce. If you use crème fraiche, the sauce will be much more thicker. While for the taste of the dish it self, I don’t think it have so much effect. At least I didn’t taste any difference.