For this month Two Little Chefettes’ cooking challenge, both me and Ridha decided to use Nuts as the main ingredients. Me personally not really a fan of nuts. But since this is a challenge, I just thought.. “why not”. Who knows I might find some recipe I can try in the future.
So I looked around and found this really simple recipe of an Almond Cheesecake. Me + simple recipe = a match made in heaven.
- 250 grams sweet almond – blender until soft.
- 4 eggs
- 400 gram of cream cheese
- 3/4 dl sugar
- juice and skin of 2 pieces of lemon
- 1 1/2 dl whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Mixed all of the ingredients above until soft. Add the almonds in the end.
- Pour it into the baking dish which already being greased with butter.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven until that the cake is firm and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
* * * *
Hallon sauce ingredients:
- 200 grams frozen hallon (you can change it to raspberries or other tart berries)
- 1 dl sugar
Mixed the berries well with the sugar. Serve it together with the cheesecake.
* * * *
This recipe is actually a Swedish cheesecake recipe. So don’t get it mixed up with the regular cheesecake. A Swedish cheesecake is usually eaten lukewarm, not cold like the regular one. It lukewarm temperature supposed to enhanced the delicate flavor of the cake and also to keep the consistency just right, not too firm and heavy. That’s why if you keep it on the refrigerator, just heat it up in the microwave for a minute to make it a bit warm.
About the flavor itself.. it quite nice. The almond and the lemon really works well and I still can taste a hint of cheese somewhere there. The texture is not as soft as the regular cheesecake since it used crushed almond and not the essence. But I like it. The berries add a nice sweetness but I like it better without. My husband on the other hand prefer the regular cold cheesecake. So I think it’s just a matter of preference.
The good thing about this recipe is that it’s really easy to follow. I mean you just mix it all together, pop it in the oven and there you have it. ^^